The Cryo T Elephant ‘Mini’ is a smaller version of the Cryo T Elephant, but at a more affordable entry point. Functionality is identical, allowing you to provide cryo facials and spot cryotherapy treatments for your clients.
The Cryo T Elephant ‘Mini’ provides Cryostimulation services which is short-term exposure of particular parts of the body (muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, trigger points) at temperatures of -80°C to -140°C. Optimal temperature for the treatment is approximately -130°C with exposure time from 2 to 12 minutes.
How cryostimulation works
This method takes advantages of stimulus, superficial action of extremely low temperatures applied in short time to provoke and exploit physiological effects: analgestic, neuromuscular, anti-inflammatory, antioedematous and circulatory. The main objective of cryo-stimulation applied as a preparation of the area intensive kinesitherapy is maximum cooling of the area adjacent to the organ (e.g. whole joint along the neighboring muscles) to the value of 2° to 4°C in reference to skin surface. In such cryostimulation tissues are cooled by nitrogen (LN2) vapour. Liquid nitrogen with a boiling point at 196°C transforms into gas after being heated inside of the tank. The pressure difference between a tank and atmospheric pressure causes discharging nitrogen vapour from a tank to a hand piece – ended hose, gas temperature at hand piece outlet ranges up to 170°C.
During the procedure patient can stand, sit or lie. The operator is moving treatment hand piece 15 cm over the skin surface in scanning movements. Time of procedure on one body area ranges from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, while in patients with fat deposition or robust musculature may be extended to 10 minutes. If few areas are cooled during the procedure, its total time should not exceed 12 minutes. Cryostimulation procedures can be preformed at same time on maximum five joints of palm, foot and spine are counted as one group of small joints. The cycle of local cryotheraphy usually consists of 10-15 procedures preformed once or twice a day. The minimal break between procedures should last 4-6 hours.
Indications of Cryostimulation
Based on contemporary literature reports the following indications for cryostimulation should be considered, both as an independent method and as a component of the complex rehabilitation:
Diseases of locomotor system:
1. Inflammatory diseases of locomotor system: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis.
2. Arthrosis and secondary degeneration of spine and peripheral joints.
Cryostimulation Treatment – Thermocamera Image
Diseases of metabolic origin:
1. Periarticular inflammation in ligaments and joints capsule.
2. Some skin diseases with affected joints: psoriatic arthritis
3. Inflammatory diseases of soft tissues: myositis, fibromyositis and collagenosis.
4. Post-traumatic or overloading changes in joints and soft tissues.
Disaese of nervous system:
1. Radicular syndromes
2. Multiple sclerosis
3. Spastic Paresis
Biological regeneration of overloaded muscles:
1. Decreases injury recovery time (up to 50%)
2. Helps reduce significantly DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
3. Causes increase in muscle strength
4. In habits inflammation and improves joint and tendons functioning
5. Reduces recovery time
1. Adjunction biological regeneration (biostimulation effect)
2. Adjunctive endurance and strength training
3. Acceleration of post-endurance restitution
4. Prophylaxis of locomotor system overloading, adjunctive pro-traumatic treatment of soft tissues and joints (contusion, hematomos, distortion)
5. Adjunctive treatment of overloading syndromes in muscles, muscle attachments, joints and spine.
Comparison of Cryo T Elephant and Cryo T Elephant Mini
|Device||CRYO-T Elephant mini||CRYO-T Elephant|
|Temperature of cold stream||up ip – 170°C||up ip – 170°C|
|Stream intensiveness regulation||5 levels||5 levels|
|Control panel||LED keypad||LCD 6″ color touch screen|
|Power source||230 V 0r 110 V||230 V 0r 110 V|
|Handpiece with laser printer||No||Two laser pointers showing proper distance between skin and headpiece|
|Handpiece with skin temperature measurement system||No||Yes,System integrated with voice signal|
|Vessel capacity||11L 35L||35L, 60L|
|Cooling medium level indicator||Yes||Yes|
Estimated number of Procedures carried out using Cryo-T-Elephant
|Time of crystimulation||3 min||6 min||9 min||12 min|
|Type of procedure||One joint and surrounding muscles,ligaments(e.g hands joints,or elbow joint or shoulder joint)||Two joints and surrounding muscles,ligaments(e.g elbow and shoulder joint or one big joint with surrounding muscles,ligaments(e.g knee or shoulder joint)||Hip joint and gluteal muscles or facet joints and paraspinal muscles,ligaments||Three different joints with surrounding muscles(e.g knee joints end hip joints or lower back joints with gluteal muscles,ligaments|
|Gas consumption LN2kg/min||0.5||0.8||1.2||1.8|
|Amount of procedures using 35 i tank||50||35||25||20|
|Amount of procedures using 60 i tank||100||65||40||30|